Friday, July 31, 2009

Starstruck

Dear Web Diary,
I’m starstruck! Last night after seeing Destroyer I stopped by the pizza place down the block from my place to get a night cap pasta-garlic slice and had my first celebrity sighting. But not only did I see this famous person, Web Diary, I’ll have you know I was actually was in the frame of mind to talk them. Here’s how it went down:

As I walk into the pizza parlor I see a guy in a polo shirt and two frumpy girls with iPhones taking pictures with a squat, well-dressed African American gentlemen. They shake his hand and dissipate; I’m left standing next to him waiting for my pizza.

Me: Hey wait, aren’t you Forest Whitaker?
Cedric the Entertainer: (frowns)
Me: Oh shit, wow, no you’re Cedric the Entertainer.
Cedric the Entertainer: (looks annoyed but nods)
Me: Shame about what happened to Romeo [from Steve Harvey Show].
Cedric the Entertainer: Yeah, that was rough. You want a picture or something?
Me: No, I think I’m good.

I realize only a second later how my polite decline must‘ve made me sound like even more of a prick, but by then it was too late. Cedric the Entertainer had strolled out of my life and into the night taking with him three slices of sausage pizza and my heart. The whole thing was surreal and over far too fast; I do hope I'll see him again someday, Web Diary. Will write some more soon.

Yours Truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment